The Salvation Army National Youth Band (NYB) is The Salvation Army's youth brass band and is a real cool way to meet new people, hang out with friends and get into mission and ministry!
The NYB supports churches and communities in worship and outreach by visiting different corps throughout the year. The band is also all about encouraging and supporting developing Salvation Army brass musicians throughout New Zealand.
The NYB also partners with The Salvation Army's Creative Ministries Department and is involved with a bunch of large scale events and training opportunities as they arise.
How to Become a Member:
If you're interested in developing as a brass musician with other youth and supporting Salvation Army mission through your music, then the NYB might be for you!
The NYB changed the criteria for membership recently. To apply to join the NYB, you need:
1. The support of your corps officer.
2. To have made a commitment of faith in Jesus Christ.
3. To be aged between 15 to 30 years.
4. To be committed to the life and ministry of your local Salvation Army corps and a member of your corps' music ministry.
5. While senior soldiership is a preferred requirement, it is not essential.
6. To be willing to audition for a place in the NYB.
To request a visit from the NYB at your corps, contact the Creative Ministries Department at Salvation Army Headquarters in Wellington.